Conduction of Plane Rides

Oh wall. How I wish you could speak.
You could depart such
knowledge
to the hands of those who
don't expect it;
Yet you carry such secrets
as though you'd take them
to the grave.
Oh wall. How I wish you could speak.
Just think of
the conversations
that could be experienced.
If only you parted your
plastered,
primed,
and painted lips.
If you could muster your
will
to explode thoughts-
imagine the results?
Or potential; the consequences.
What would happen if I
knew everything that was said?
Every secret whispered
in the supposed
privacy
you seem to exhibit.
But are we not blessed
with this,
this privacy?
Knowledge that the innermost
heart motions would be safe?
Safe.
What a concept.
Especially of importance
and value
when the mind is brought in.
But is the mind not
see-through?
What is truly thought
can be read. But
On. Your. Face.
Your expression,
body movements,
language?
All obvious.
You truly believe you are
safe.
The continued corners are
solid.
But really, they're not
so confined,
are they?
Oh wall. How I wish you could speak.
The beautiful sounds
you could form
would be mesmerizing,
spell-binding,
captivating.
The emotions of the victims,
I'm so sure you could
describe them
in crystal clarity, in a myriad
of colour and texture.
The satiny glass of tears,
the billowing
sails of anger, the coarse
knife tip of loneliness.
You could push this to
tangible
as we as spectators and
potential conversationalists
sit enthralled;
waiting
for you to
speak.
Oh wall. How I wish you could speak.
You could hold all
the passion
and despair
of the thoughts of
the frustrated,
the annoyed, even
the opposed.
I hope one day that the small
hole in which
Shakespeare
placed in you would
someday convey
knowledge.
But then again, I sit and think
and say to myself that I am
glad.
What a sudden change,
you point out;
but really, do you not
also like your secrets to remain
secret?
If all the things I had told you
wall were communicated to unworthy
ears
all the honesty?
all the pain?
all the emotion?
all the serious and reliable
frustrations
well I would be more than upset.
I would be infuriated.
I would scream at you to
stop.
Oh wall, how glad am I that you cannot speak.







Comments

Popular Posts