Turn Your Ear

Any control I thought I had just slips right through my hands while my ever present conscience shakes its head and reprimands me,

reprimands me.

Then and there, I confess I'll blame all this one my selfishness.

Yet you love me

and that consumes me; and I'll stand up again and do so willingly.

You give me hope and hope, it gives me life. You touch my heavy heart and when you do you make it light. As I exhale, I hear your voice and I answer you, though I hardly make a noise.

And from my lips, the words I choose to say seem pathetic, but it's a fallen man's praise.

'Cause I love you, oh God I love you.

And life is now worth living, if only because of you and when they say that I am dead and gone, it won't be further from the truth.

When I go down, I lift my eyes to you; I won't look very far cause you'll be there with open arms to lift me up again.


Comments

Popular Posts