Rubber baby Buggy Bumpers

They say to live life in the moment.

What if you’re scared to look at the different in the face and make the difference yourself? That’s what that feeling was like. Standing in front of someone you would never see again, thinking that it would be such a great starting chance. What could happen, really though, my conscience would say. I mean it’s not like things could work out for you when strung on a wire. It’s so far away.

And as she placed her sack on the moving belt, she saw just a little glimpse of what could happen. She would indeed place her possessions on a similar rubber belt of life. She would get on it, and he would stand behind her, waiting for her to take her shoes off and place it in the bucket behind her bag. She would step away while segregated bits of a curtain would fall, hiding her bag and shoes from his view and then she would cross the border. She would quickly walk from one side to another while a man with a battery powered stick waved her on. Did she make noise? No.

She was normal. She was clean. She was like every other human making a mistake that should not be made.

He through apart his laces and whipped his hiking boots off. He placed his large backpacking-backpack on the belt and struggled to follow me.

But i was already on the other side. I was declared normal. I was no different in making things happen than the next girl.

I took my shoes and replaced them on my cold and slightly dusty feet. I would pick up my camera, a sad relic of things that could have been. I picked my bag up, slung it about my shoulder and waited. I would have to wait for the next person behind the boy.

He rushed. He struggled to fit his feet back into the confinement of his boots. He wiggled impatiently, waiting for his bag to come gliding out on the rubber strip, looking like he wanted to come towards me badly.

The man behind him finished and i took off at a run to make the gate in time.

That’s what my problem was. I ran. I never looked back.

I shall always regret it.

regret


Comments

Popular Posts