010-010-3010

Assignment: Send a warpagram to your boss to let her know your current status on your mission using only 10 words. Continue with your journal entry: use the words “After a long…” to start off your piece. Also use the words “monsoon-like winds” in your piece.

Warpagram sent:

Arrived at first stop safely. Long task ahead: exploring unknown.

After a long and bumpy ride, I arrived. The trip itself was dismal: days spent cooped up in a tin can of a ship, eating nothing but dehydrated fruit and power bars… and it frustrated me to sit still for so long. I knew the task ahead of me was a great one, but unfortunately the monotonous stillness of the sitting seemed necessary. After a few days of repetitive daydreaming, I looked out of the window and caught a glimpse of the first stop on my journey.

My task was simple, yet important and while Nesra seemed less than enthused about assigning me to it, I could tell that she was grateful to place someone on the trip. I found it strange because while she was debriefing on what was set before me, her cloudy grey eyes were flitting everywhere but in my direction. I am unsure as to why, but I think even speaking of the mission made her nervous.

I was entrusted to venture out to Carthus to explore the nature of the planet. From what I had known before, it was inhabitable, without any means to support human life. The planet was a desolate waste-land with monsoon-like winds sweeping everything under a fine layer of dust. This was what I first noticed when I touched down on the planet: the dust and the dreary, dull orange colour that covered the whole surface.

As I stepped out off of my ship (the Nerch) I was taken aback by just how the lay of the land offended me. It was cold. It was boring. How was I supposed to place the melancholy stillness into a reputable report; one worthy of my expertise? This was something more than I could handle and in response, I just stood there at the top of my titanium ladder, hardly daring to climb down the steps.

My first stop, an utter bore and failure. I had hoped that Carthus was a place of unrecognized promise, but I had found that there was only the contrary hidden beneath that blanket of dirt. Only one place to go really, I keep telling myself. In a forward direction: on to the desert.

Comments

Popular Posts