Refresher of 2009

I am borrowing (though actually taking, since I am changing things about) this idea from a friend of mine. Finishing first semester of university was a relief: I got a good glimpse into what I needed to do and how I was to come about it. I’m not gonna lie, it has been so much work and my brain has felt like it was leaking through my ears for a good solid month and a half there. It was a struggle (seeing as I hardly did any homework [...or work at all] in high school..) but I think I came out stronger and more equipped for the next semester.

Things in life (since starting university) have changed dramatically… some for the better, some for the worse. I have felt a solid and brutal episode of heart-ache, I have had people close to me drift off to become people I no longer know (or worse, desire not to know), I have had family members become brutally sick and some of the strongest friends I know lie down and give up. It has been really difficult facing all of the struggles in life, but looking back, I see that through all the rubbish that polluted my life, that the good really outnumbers the bad.

For example, since joining Campus for Christ, I have met some of the most fantastic people I could ever hope for and really believe that I will keep them close to me in my life as it wears on. I have always felt that boys are easier to get along with than girls (because boys and drama just don’t go. Thank heaven!) and as a result I have more guy friends, but I have found the love of Jesus really expressed in a few of my female friends too, and I shan’t let go of them.

I have become better acquainted with some really amazing people at my work, and they too have also become key roles in my life. I hope to show them the love of God through who I am to them, and hopefully perk their attention to the crazy love that He offers.

I thank Jesus every day for the mercies that he has provided to save me from the problems that I (disgustingly) get myself into. I pray for the people I know and love that they will find Jesus in everything that happens in their day, from the large things to the most mundane of tasks.

And while I am at it, I want to thank the people who have faithfully listened to my various problems that have swamped me in the past year. My maternal grandfather is incredibly sick with Parkinson’s disease and his wife (though a solid block of steel and is the most reliable individual I know) is slowly being worn down. I pray for them and I thank them for changing my views on life. My paternal grandfather has just recently been diagnosed with some acute leukaemia, kidney failure and blood clots in his lungs. He is dying, and it is not an easy thing to deal with. The people who have listened to me cry about these things are some amazing people and I hope that I can reciprocate soon.

To those of you who are reading this, I thank you. You change my life for the better and I love you. Thank you for being a solid, reliable pillar that I can lean on when I feel that it is too much.

God bless you most richly.

Comments

Popular Posts