Revamp

We sit down, come to our own decisions.

You get up, I sit at the unknown, fingering a coin and turning it about in my hand; it is cold with two choices. To be or not to be… which though, is the route I should make? Shall my decision progress or digress from the intended direction? The coldness of the metal bites into my fingers, unusual for such a warmed day.

I remain for a while, awaiting my request to make itself known to me, continuing to think and aimlessly make conversation with the nameless distraction that holds me from the deeper perspective and experience. I receive and place the coin down: it’s tails; the rear-end of the deal, the bottom of the stockpile, the last dregs in the teapot. I pick up my decision and move to follow, leaving the coin to atone for my option.

You remain stationary for a moment and I can feel you shift your gaze away. I refuse to look but portray attention at the immaculate diversion. You slide back the way I came.

Talk to you soon!


Comments

Popular Posts