Engraved.

I received the most unfortunate sunburn today.

Getting out of church, my parents decided to stop at Sunnyside in order to pick up plants and shrubs etc. In the aftermath of doing so, we purchased some hedges to fill in the sorry gaps that seem to have sprung up through the years, some little shrubberies to attempt to turn our ugly front plot of dirt into something resembling a living garden and a fountain.

I know fountains are rather sporadic in this circumstance, but my dad has always wanted one… though I don’t think he was anticipating 2.5 hours of set up and 850 lbs of pure rock. Beautiful? yes. Makes you have to urinate? most definitely. So frigg’n heavy that we have to call over the neighbour with his dodge truck, his engine hoist and his medical mind in order to situate it so it actually touches the ground? of course. We are rather insane after all.

Putting all the shrubberies and hedges in (there were so many Monty Python lines, I can’t even portray my utter excitement), I knew that I would need sun screen… so I dug out my favourite stuff (SPF 4 =]… smells like a dream) and got my shoulders, arms and legs. Referring back to the insane bit, you’d reckon that I would think to place it on my EXPOSED SHOULDER BLADES. Alas, no. Sad. Oh so sad.

And red.

And voilĂ . She most definitely has a racer-back-tee burn. Darnit.

Comments

Popular Posts