Tribute to You

You were in the crash. That horrible moment in your life when everything would change forever. I know that sounds terribly cliche; I figure that you wouldn’t deem such cheesy, but you are so vivacious so why not?

Flames engulfed your vision as you lay, waiting, hoping… praying… that someone would swing to your rescue. You watched those around you suffer; lives flicker to a halt. But not you: no, you had to persist. There is something more for you to accomplish. You lost your mobility, your skin is healing well: only visible burns on your elbows. The fire had no lasting damage on your spirit, and that gives me lift every time I see you.

You are my age. It strikes me hard atwixt the eyes everytime I see you– this could have happened to anyone, but it was you; you, so full of hope.

And the first time… when you were wheeled in, seated in your chair– and you walkedout. I felt my heart absolutely leap; you looked at me, right in the eyes… I was joyous for how far you’ve come.

You are a true soldier– a fighter till the end. None can take you down.

Comments

Popular Posts