Ah ha

After re-reading the story of Job, I was taken back to what I had originally felt about the recap. Job was a guy who had it all… he had a great family, tons of friends, tons of wealth… and a faith in God that would move mountains.

Satan was jealous of this love for God, that he asked if he could test Job. He did. And took away everything the man had. It must have come close to burning him, for Job lost everything dear to him.

I thought that it would be difficult to have your family and friends stripped away from you, but after this evening, where I spent dinner with two of my close clan-members, did I realize that it would be more than difficult. It would be as if a piece of my soul had been cut away and thrown into the furnace. I would die for my friends: I love them that much.

I hope they are able to see that.

Comments

Popular Posts