Oath

You know, its rather peculiar making a vow– having someone expect you to fulfill your end of the bargain until your dying breath, hoping that you will rise to the challenge and meet the bar. With two simple words, you seal your fate for a time, placing your very essence into the hands of another.

I promise.

You don’t break your word. If you foil bits of it, you are set upon by wolves, They are ravening and clawing, biting and ripping trying to take every part of you so you are naught left but bedraggled and tattered ribbons of skin that cased once vital organs.

I promise.

Yet in those two very same words, you are able to grant a spark of hope to another that something good will come about. You are able to open the potential for the greater to take hold. Is it intelligent? You ask. It depends, I reply. I hope this is what you were looking for because there is really nothing left.

I promise you.

Comments

Popular Posts