Lehssin

Music is one of those things that has the ability to put you in the present, to make you forget your time, your place- it causes you to fall up and slide away, pushing you in unexplored places so you can witness the beauty of release.


After last night, I remember the total thrill that comes with small, intimate concerts. You're so intertwined with the artists and their music, so caught up in the lights, the deep, chest thrumming of the bass, the hesitant yet persistent feedback from the amps and monitors as set up commences and continues...

I forgot how much I love small shows- they're personal, have character. They're laced with emotion like a poison that seeps in and around it, marbled like fat through expensive meat.

I love the energy.
I love the people.
I love how your skin feels when you come out- a mixture of humidity and sweat that beads upon it- both yours and the people who are pressed about you.
I love how even in the dead of winter, if you enter the room with a sweater, you will indeed be taking it off, removing the outer layers of society and just breaking down to the raw, personalized self as you're surrounded with realization through the notes..
I love how passionate the musicians are about their music; keyboardists grinning and pounding at the keys, guitarists swinging their pick to the fantastic, not at all tragic, point of string breaking. They laugh, they make jokes, the swing about and make it truly a great experience as soon as they bring out more and more variance, more and more difference and perspective that swings you yourself into beauty and reality.

I really love them, despite smelling of pot when one leaves.



Comments

Popular Posts