If only times were halted

I don't understand. I never remember dreams, yet voilà, after last night I toss and turn in my subconscious thinking of things that I was doing and the people I was talking to before bed. Normally I wouldn't mind if I wasn't experiencing a shriek, caterwauling causing my normal thought process to halt.

~

At a concert and one particular individual is picked out of a crowd. 
You watch them, see them swirl as they are joined hands with the two on either side of them. 
They fling about trying to hold on.
The man you are watching throws his head back and laughs: not something horrible and malicious but dripping with joy and final peace of mind. 
Final because he has been waiting for it.
The dance slows to a halt and the participators weave their way through the crowd to where a group of their supporters stand. 
He knew where it was. I drilled my eyes into him, willing him to look up at me, set my stomach aswirl but he was drawn, not sought.
He climbs the rather steep hill to where we stand and gives everyone a kiss and a hug but me. 
I am not sure what I feel.
I know that I should feel put out, but I don't. I see that we are to have a heart-to-heart later and I am unconcerned with current situations.
I draw him aside. We climb.
And climb. 
And we find that we are in the outside base of a cathedral. 
Time speeds by and the walk to the top is a blur, but in following the patterns 
of the scaffolding, we make our way to the very top. 
I look down. He holds me from falling. 
He sits, dangling his feet like a child and I find that I am 
unsure of what to say. To think.
I watch him and he pats the scaffolding upon which he is sitting
beside him. I make my way over to his side all the while
the wooden slats are swaying with the instability of the cheap 
metal columns. 
I get frightened. I tell him. I sit alongside him, he rises.
I look in surprise- all of the painstaking work it took me to crawl slowly to his side and
he gets up? I feel moderately used but I see him walk to the solid portion
of the upper cathedral. He picks up the one end of the scaffolding with me still
sitting on it and slides it over to overlap the stable balcony upon which he stood.
I was safe.
He returns and crunches down beside me.
I look into his eyes and see compassion and an unfamiliar warmth;
No longer am I put out or feeling neglected because of the earlier situation
I knew it was me waiting all along for my mind to be placed in the right frame.
My blood in the right balance.
My heart in the right beat. 
I have seen the new way of looking at it and I realize that I would be moderately
foolish to pass it up. My stomach does flips and swirls as I find myself prepared.
I lean in for my awaited kiss and what should happen next?


The alarm goes off. 

Comments

Popular Posts