Remarks upon the Remarkable

I was doing devotions this morning where I am still reading up in Hosea and in the devotion, it told me to take a phrase that suck out, to memorize it and repeat it back to myself several times throughout the day. I chose the bit below- couldn't memorize the whole thing so wrote it upon my right palm.

Today I had clinical, a job where I will not be allowed to share my faith. Do you know just how much of a blessing the last phrase in verse 9 was?

My people are hell-bent on leaving me. They pray to god Baal for help but he doesn't lift a finger to help them. But how can I give up on you, Ephraim? How can I turn you loose, Israel? How can I leave you to be ruined like Admah, devastated like luckless Zeboim?
I can't beat to even think such thoughts. My insides churn in protest. And so I'm not going to act on my anger. I'm not going to destroy Ephraim.
Why? I am God and not human. I'm the Holy One and I'm here - in your midst.

Hosea 11:7-9



Comments

Popular Posts