Blessings Abound

I'd much like to be more of a humanitarian and this year I hope to put this idea into effect.

Due to my grandfathers passing in February, our traditional Christmas Eve at my paternal grandparent's home has been cancelled as my grandmother cannot deal with it this year, but instead of letting something like that put us down, we have come to the conclusion to not think about ourselves that night but rather about others. Planning to volunteer at either a soup kitchen, the mustard seed, the food bank... we haven't narrowed it down, but we really want to bless those who may feel they aren't frequently blessed.

In addition, it really gives me such a great feeling seeing others make their mark by doing things of such fantastical nature to hold those who aren't as (some days horribly) opulent as us who have the blessing to experience such things as reading blogs.

Toms Shoes is one of such groups and from first hearing about their fantastic program, it has really given me such joy to hear and sometimes see the fruits of their labours.
For those of you whom are unfamiliar, Toms shoes aren't the cheapest, but for good reason. You buy one pair of shoes and they donate an additional pair to an underprivileged child in a third world country. How fantastic is this, really? They don't make the kids work for new shoes, they don't charge them... they receive the blessings that we have here and put it to good work.

I saw this picture on my twitter feed and my heart just started to swell with gratitude for the members of the human race who have the guts to do what others feel they aren't able. I hope to bless others the way that these are blessing the children.
Through the praise of children you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.
--Psalm 8:2  



Comments

Popular Posts