Yarn is a favourite similie

It's this notion that won't go away: as I sit, they lurk in backwards corners of my mind. It should be smooth and rounded but it's been folded so many times that it's hard to unravel; unraveling like yarn makes everything bunched into further knots.

Yet there is something beautiful in the ways that we tend to think of pieces in the levels of confusion with subtle traces of confidence. They all wrap around each other, ducking and bobbing, weaving and tying through loops and under strands... all that we were unaware existed. Yet we think we know what we're doing. The question now is: 'Do we?'

Frequently not.

Frequently we are trapped in the recesses of our one-way, judgemental thinking which directs traffic to headlights all pointing in the same direction. We don't look at the alternative which is sometimes heart-breaking, sometimes relieving... but personally, I find that I don't regret much.

Until something huge, melodramatic and of monumental proportion strikes. But even then, I am able to rely on the grace of God that'll yank me through that horrible tangle of yarn, bits of thread and chaos incarnate. Why live life in regret when you have days ahead to give you true perspective into how precious, fleeting and delicate each moment actually is? The whole 'Carpe Diem' or 'Live life to the fullest!' seems so cliché, but what would we do as solitary couch potatoes refusing to move ourselves to the potential before?

This wasn't supposed to be largely motivational... it just helps keep my grasp on reality as it seem to flit by me so quick: I don't want to finish 2nd year but it appears I have no other choice. I wish that 3rd year would just stay away... far away... and wouldn't find itself before us. But what can I do?

Nothing.

So I shall continue to run races, I will strive to continue to keep my mind free of the pollutants that are pestering my over-run and over-wrung mind. Be gone!

~~

Rydych yn gwybod beth yr wyf yn dymuno. A ydym yn gallu cynnal y meddwl yn obeithiol, neu mae'n rhaid i mi newid y ffordd rydym yn gweithredu? Sut y byddwn yn chwerthin? A ydym yn dal yn gallu cadw gwirioneddol neu mae'n rhaid i ni fynd y tu hwnt i 'n sylweddol o'r fath i ddod o hyd i heddwch?

Comments

Popular Posts