Reflect and now slow down

Okay, memoire moment- sorry to take you back. Remember how I went to Scotland last year?

It changed my life. Not only was I in an extended part of my homeland (I'm British, not Scottish) and directing my efforts, passions and love for people towards God and his amazing work but I met a group of people who became part of me and quickly established themselves as my family.

Others who have gone on these sort of projects with other people understand that this is a connection greater than just friends you go to the pub with - you eat with these people, live in the same quarters, share highs and absolute lows, support each other, pray with each other...

God blessed me with 8 people around my age who held me up and spurred me with my emotional and spiritual highs as the course of the 10 days went on. We all became an incredibly tight knit group and more were integrated into this community as the days went on.

We met two amazing students while there, Andy and Hadassah, who we saw pour out their love for the Scots and their lives. These two are so passionate and small wonder that they ended up dating only 3 months after we left. But it really gave me an insight into how I want to be living my own life- in going to the people and sharing love with them no matter the cost. I am honoured to have crossed paths with them.

I still keep in contact with my family. I think of them daily and pray for them - they are part of my greater community in Jesus and I am so stoked to be able to see them again some time. For the moment though, I was offered such motivation by one of my brother's on this trip.

Peter is amazing. His fire for the Lord and drive and passion and optimism are infectious and I was blessed to receive an email from him last night. The purpose was to give motivation for my upcoming mission to East Asia and I can say with confidence that it is doing that. Within his letter, he included the following quote which stopped me, made me think and truly humbled my perspective, truly encouraging me and reminding me of the reason to go and talk about faith. It's powerful and I'm going to write it out before I leave to take with me on the trip as the reminder to go and not slow down is remarkable and always a top priority in a life of faith.
Since coming back from the Isles and talking to the chap, he has continuously been an amazing inspiration through his faith and is a truly exemplary human being. I love you bro.

Missions is not the ultimate goal of the churchWorship is. Missions exists because worship doesn't. Worship is ultimate, not missions, because God is ultimate, not man. When this age is over, and the countless millions of the redeemed fall on their faces before the throne of God, missions will be no more. It is a temporary necessity. But worship abides forever.


From left to right: Peter, Andrew, Cornelia, Andy, Cydney, Ray, Hadassah, Suzy, Me


From left to right: Random-guy-dressed-up, Peter, Me, Random-guy-dressed-up's friend who is also dressed up.

Comments

Popular Posts