Decades

I turned twenty in East Asia this year and honestly, it was one of my best birthdays yet.

I remember being gathered around two tables... fourteen people who had been part of one of the most life-changing experiences in my life sitting near, laughing and cracking jokes. I remember the tears in giggles as that was what I was known for, and the words that each person said. I remember the looks of three of the more important men in my life as we conversed over the meal.

But what I remember most was what he said.

You are entering into a decade which will be the most influential in your life; for the next ten years, much will happen that will ultimately shape not only who you are but show what you live for. You are turning a significant age on a trip in which you are sharing the gospel and you are surrounded by people who have seen you grow. Use these next ten years for God as you've been doing for the past five weeks. Live it out, Megan.

And the words have haunted me and have helped me pause and think. I am no longer a teenager. I am a woman who has seen the hand of God in the lives of those she loves, those she lived with, those she met quickly.
I have seen the strength of the all-powerful creator of the universe work in countless lives.

How on earth can I waste my breath sitting and doing little when there is a harvest which is remarkable oh so close to even where I live?

I haven't returned home.
I have been sent back to continue the work in Asia to Canada. My life is a missions field.

I'm now twenty.

Comments

  1. It's so awesome to hear what an amazing time you had over there. Please continue to inspire, encourage, and lift up your friends. Happy belated birthday and I can't wait to hear the stories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank-you for the feedback!

Popular Posts