Breaking

Community health is something I want to do. I want to be among the people and offer care like my role models have done before me. I want to offer warmth to the freezing, relief to those in pain and light to those who sit in darkness. I want to be someone bigger than one who simply works in a hospital as that would be my prison in the world so in need of outside nurses.

I am doing a community health project (more specifically a concept map) on human trafficking and the role that risk factors and the like have to do with this topic. I was brainstorming things in which to draw and decided to google a few images to spark the imagination.

I stumbled into stories, memories, visual depictions that lowered my heart steadily with every heartbreaking word or graphic image that I encountered.

I am convinced that one of the biggest and sole screw-ups of the human race is greed. It rips so much apart: marriages, self-worth, families... lives. Greed is what takes the lives of those that we love and bashes them to tiny pieces. Greed is what makes us strive for more and more, never able to reach that ledge of supreme wealth or power or recognition or fame which will always be out of reach. Greed is what takes the lives of young women and children and causes them to be violated, hurt, ripped apart at the seams.

Human trafficking is an issue and it is not one which will go away without the leadership of those who long to see it stopped. Long to see it obliterated, set alight, shredded to smaller and smaller bits until it no longer holds any sway.

I cannot let something like this just slide, its far too upsetting.

Comments

Popular Posts