Proud and Humbled

We definitely take things for granted.

For example, the reality that I can set my phone as an alarm, do homework on my laptop, cause support letters to materialize using my printer, and study for an exam using my online notes. This is such a routine, such a norm that the blessings have the potential to fade into the background.

And how sad is this? We do not see these things as opportunities to do remarkable good with, or even give thanks that we have the abilities to serve using the technologies, materials, and privileges: they're by no means a right.

The same goes with talent.

Being able to see my little brother perform in a musical theatre production for the Kiwanis Festival - I have never been more proud, or anxious for that matter, in watching him. He not only embodied the character but seamlessly flew from a pirouette into the splits. For a 6'3.5", 16 year-old, this is a phenomenal feat. I am so proud of him and though we argue and bicker, I will always love you from here to infinity.

Or speaking to a friend who is in need of guidance because her parents are holding her back. Encouraging her to seek independence, trust, and communication with them opposed to going behind their back. Seeing her willingness to do the right thing, stand up for herself, but also doing so respectfully and honouring her parents' wishes. Traits that are becoming more challenging to find, but should be acknowledged and embraced.

Or even looking at a photo of someone on Facebook and reading the beautiful characteristics about the person - I cannot forget these attributes because they impact my life regularly, but I do not always acknowledge them. He is a remarkable person, one who is very special to me and it's important that I never stop telling him that either.

In speaking to a friend this past week, it was an awakening for me to remember this pride in my friends and family, but also humility in their characters - humility in remembering the little things.

Do you find this happening? Do you look at someone, or an object and not truly see it's worth and magnificence?

The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech, night after night they proclaim knowledge. There is no speech nor language where there voice is not heard. Their voice goes out to all the world, their words to the ends of the earth. 
-- Psalm 19:1-4 

We do not often see the true magnificence in what He has established - what He has created with us in mind.

I dare you. 

Go out today with the knowledge that everything natural is created by the Highest King. Every piece of created machinery or equipment is built by man because of the intelligence given by the Most High. There is nothing without His fingerprints on it - take some conscious time to realize it.


Comments

Popular Posts