The Best Way is to Share

My name is Megan and I'm an optimist. As cheesy as it sounds, it's actually, legitimately accurate. The little things make me smile; a good parking spot, a warm bed, a proper cup of tea, a really well made risotto ... I'm really not a hard person to please. There are a few things in life however that make my toes positively curl with joy; like the clean feeling after brushing one's teeth, or how lovely one smells when they get out of the shower. There is one thing though that tops this list and blows the rest of the competition out of the water. It never fails to get that euphoria, that sigh of pleasure.

I work a lot of nights. I really enjoy the night shift, what with watching over people like some sort of skinny guardian who just so happens to have the skill set to save one's life. That's a mental picture if I ever created one. But this particular, spell-binding moment of pure glee occurs only after these particular shifts. Typically one trudges through the door at 0745, takes all the nasty hospital garb off, and meanders upstairs. One will embark on a fleeting moment of happiness, what with brushing teeth and all, and finally sink into bed. That instant, fleeting, perfect moment when your body relaxes into the mattress after having stayed up all night, is the most beautiful thing that I am graced with experiencing regularly. Every morning of this joy, I get goosebumps, my face splits into a grin, and I'm usually gone and asleep within mere moments.

But this morning, there might just have been a perfect storm of excellent instances that comes close to this regular elation.

I am not often warm. So when I wake up in a warm bed and even my toes are toasty, I consider this a success. Rope that in alongside my sister making corrections to Star Wars knowledge, seeing well anticipated messages on my phone, and new music by artists you have come to really love and appreciate, you have a close second in the Joyful Moments hierarchy.

And now, without further ado, I give you the song that made my morning. What a roundabout way of getting you to listen to music.




A still life / is the last I will see of you / my painting of a panic attack
Posted by Frightened Rabbit on Thursday, 18 February 2016

Comments

Popular Posts